Peter Wentz Farmstead
The Peter Wentz Farmstead was established in 1744 by Peter and Rosanna Wentz. By 1758 they had completed the large Georgian style stone house with many architectural features that reflect their German heritage and social status.
The Wentz farm served as headquarters for General George Washington during two separate visits in October 1777.
In 1794, Melchior Schultz, a minister of the Schwenkfelder faith, purchased the property and his descendants continued to live and farm here until 1969 when it was purchased by Montgomery County. The site has been restored and the house furnished to reflect its appearance at the time of the American Revolution.
Special events and exhibits representing Pennsylvania German culture and early American farm life take place throughout the year.
Suggested donation: $2 per person.