Promoting Your Local Historical Society's Events Step by Step
Topics include . . .
- Getting your events in the new weekly e-mail: "History events in Massachusetts"
- Entering an entire year of events on The History List in about 30 minutes--Get the "cheat sheet" with tips
- Adding pictures
- Adding exhibits
- Special repeating patterns
- The annual "Make this holiday historic!" campaign for history organizations and historic sites at the holidays
- Research on the keys to writing a description of your event that will attract new guests and visitors
- Other free resources organizations of any size can use
Bring all your questions, and feel free to bring your laptop, too.
If you're not familiar with The History List, you'll find background information and a link to request a free account here.
If you're not able to make it, or have questions about The History List you'd like to get answered before the 26th, contact Lee Wright.
This is being held as part of the quarterly meeting of the Blackstone Valley Sharing Group of local historical societies and is open to other organizations.
If you'd like a brief tour of the mansion, arrive around 6:30 pm.