Launching of “Milk Row Cemetery Public Openings.”

    Improve listing Presented by

The Docent Program started two years ago begins anew with an early evening opening to the public
of this fragile burial ground. Dressed in period clothing Barbara Mangum, Objects Conservator
and President of Historic Somerville, Inc. will lead an informative tour from 6:30-7:30pm, about
this historic and very compact cemetery founded in 1804 by Samuel Tufts on farmland once part
of Charlestown. Come find out about whose buried here, the extraordinary monument
dedicated to Somerville soldiers fallen during the Civil War, and recent municipal enhancements.
Time for browsing and light refreshments happen both before and after the tour. Meet at the
front gate at 439 Somerville Avenue, next to Demoulas' Market Basket. Rain or shine. Other
public openings with docents will happen once a month from June-October at different times