Henry Bestons Cape Cod: Book Signing
Don Wilding, executive director and a co-founder of the nonprofit Henry Beston Society of Cape Cod, will hold a book signing for his book, Henry Beston's Cape Cod: How 'The Outermost House' Inspired a National Seashore.
For 85 years, Henry Beston's The Outermost House has been THE definitive book about Cape Cod. Henry Beston's Cape Cod tells the story behind Beston's timeless nature classic.
- How The Outermost House inspired legislators in Washington to establish the Cape Cod National Seashore.
- How Henry Beston's trail to Cape Cod began at the Battle of Verdun in World War I.
- The influence that Henry Beston and The Outermost House had on Rachel Carson, other nature writers, and the American environmental movement.
- The Cape Cod stories that you won't find in The Outermost House.
- The winter hurricane that claimed Beston's house in 1978.
For more information, contact Annie's Book Stop at 508-255-7170 or the Henry Beston Society at 508-246-7242 or www.henrybeston.org.