Finding Wentworth: A Trip to Portsmouth NH
A Trip to Portsmouth NH from Vermont August 25 & 26
The Vermont Historical Society invites you to join us for a trip to explore the colonial history of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, see the historic homes of Benning Wentworth and his family, and visit one of New England’s best-kept secrets, the history museum Strawbery Banke. We will be traveling from northern Vermont to this fabulous seaport in New Hampshire on August 25 and 26, 2013.
The historic homes in Portsmouth, NH are remarkable and they were once the political and social heart of late colonial New Hampshire.
Strawbery Banke is an outdoor history museum that tells the history of four centuries of American history. Across 10 acres of restored houses, shops, and gardens, costumed interpreters share stories from the “Puddle Dock” neighborhood.
Your trip fee includes:
- Admission to all historic sites and museums
- One hour architectural history bus tour of Portsmouth
- Luxury motorcoach travel from Vermont to Portsmouth, with pickup and drop off in Burlington, Barre-Montpelier, and White River Junction
- Overnight stay in Portsmouth at the Best Western Wynwood Hotel & Suites
- Box lunches on Sunday on the grounds of the Wentworth-Coolidge Mansion and on Monday at Strawbery Banke
- Breakfast at the hotel on Monday morning
Please register by August 1, 2013. Call Amanda Gustin at (802) 828-2180 or email at email@example.com to find out more details.