150th Gettysburg Commemoration Family Festival at Adams County Winery
150th Gettysburg Commemoration Family Festival
The Family Festival at Adams County Winery will feature living history figures, local authors, re-enactors, live music, family- and children-related activities, the only official 150th Anniversary wines, and more!
Activities for the day will feature
• Mark Nesbitt, author of 7 books in the Ghosts of Gettysburg series, will talk about hauntings and ghost sightings on and around the famed battlefields, and will be available for book signings.
• John M. Archer - Licensed Battlefield Guide, Director’s Mention, Langum Prize.
• Phil Cole - Licensed Battlefield Guide, publisher of 12 books, author of 3.
• Roy Frampton - Licensed Battlefield Guide, President of the Association of Licensed Battlefield Guides.
• Adams County Historical Society and American Civil War Wax Museum representatives will be present with collectibles and to share stories of the retreat that came down Orrtanna Road, and much more.
• The Daniel Lady Farm representatives will talk about the struggle of Southern surgeons and the farm’s role as a field hospital in treating the scores of wounded soldiers of the Army of Northern Virginia.
• Licensed Battlefield Guides will be in attendance to give in-depth descriptions of the many attractions and historical accounts of the Civil War experience.
• Places Through Time Living History president Myra Reichart will provide three programs: “We believed they would never come,” “The language of fans and parasols,” and “All things Victorian.”
• Local re-enactors will provide firing demonstrations and interactive events as they entertain guests of all ages.
• Artillery Fire will open and close the festival.
• General & Mrs. Robert E. Lee and General & Mrs. Ulysses S. Grant will “meet and greet” with visitors throughout the afternoon, posing for photographs and recountingthe battles and life during the Civil War.
• Cormorant’s Fancy will be playing a variety of music from the Civil War Era period on the outdoor stage.
• Revonah 4 Woodwind Quartet will provide music inside the winery Tasting Room area.