Nichols House Museum
Peek into life on historic Beacon Hill from the mid-19th to mid-20th century. The Nichols House Museum was home to landscape gardener, suffragist, and pacifist Rose Standish Nichols and her family. The home is an 1804 Bulfinch townhouse, among the earliest of its kind on Beacon Hill. Furnished with an original collection, the interiors reflect the cultural values and changing tastes across two generations of Nichols ownership. Highlights include sculpture by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, European paintings, Japanese woodblock prints, and American furniture. Visitors also encounter stories of family, staff, and Boston’s historic Beacon Hill neighborhood.
Rose laid the plans for the museum's establishment and soon after her death in 1960, the Nichols House Museum opened to the public. Today we welcomes visitors for tours, lectures, programs, and special events.