Forest Home Farms Historic Park
In 1997, Ruth Quayle Boone bequeathed the 16-acre Boone family farm known as Forest Home Farms, to the City of San Ramon for use as a municipal historic park in memory of her husband, Travis Moore Boone. The 16-acre farm is located at the base of the East Bay Hills and Oak Creek divides it in two almost equal parts. The northern portion of the site contains all of the structures built or used by the Boone’s,.The structures include 2 houses, fourteen outbuildings and two pergolas. The houses represent almost a century of residential development in the valley. The Boone House is a 22-room Dutch colonial that was remodeled several times since it was built in 1900. The fourteen outbuildings vary significantly in date and size, including a barn originally built in the period from 1850 to 1860, a 7000 square-foot farm equipment and automobile storage structure and a three-building walnut processing plant that includes a three-story hulling and drying structure. The southern portion of the property is now home to the Glass House Museum, a Victorian Italianate style home and its tank house built in 1877. The Glass House is a two-story, wood frame dwelling with a one-story rear wing. The tank house, somewhat modified from historic condition, is a two-story, wood-frame structure that is probably slightly later in date than the house.