Promote your history organization and events on The History List
Add your events in a few simple steps
- There is no cost to list organizations and events.
- It's copy-and-paste simple.
- Anyone—staff, interns, volunteers—can add or edit. This means that you can add a listing and someone else who is signed in later can update the listing.
→ Still not sure about participating? Learn more about how The History List is different and how it's been designed to meet the needs of historic sites and history organizations of all types and sizes, and read what other organizations say about why they participate.
If it is a holiday event taking place during December, check the "holiday" box near the bottom of the entry form. (More details on promoting holiday events.)
Example: The Christmas Candlelight Grand Masquerade at Tryon Palace.
If it is a summer camp or multi-day program for kids, check that box. (More details on promoting summer programs.)
Or if it is a reenactment, check that box.
If your event is primarily for professionals, academics, or members of an or association, check that box and a "Pro" icon will appear with your listing.
(3) Add information about your organization. A page for your organization was created automatically when you entered your first event.
To find it and any of the other event and organization pages you entered or edited, click on the "Account activity" link that appears under your name after you are signed in.
The History List is the calendar system for history organizations.
- Increase awareness in their community, state, region, and across the country.
- Manage their event list on their site.
- Provide an always-up-to-date list of events to community, media, and partner sites and blogs.
- Publish an automatically updated list of events from a wide range of participating institutions without dedicating staff time.