Workshop: Collections Camp: Textiles
Do you have costumes and/or textiles in your museum collection? This two day workshop will focus on the care and conservation of textiles in museum collections. Spend time working with an expert to learn how to be a better steward of your textile collection.
As a result of this workshop, participants should:
- Have a general knowledge of the basic types of costumes and textiles common in American museum collections.
- Have a general knowledge of the particular needs of costume and textile collections including proper identification, handling, and basic conservation.
- Be familiar with some of the current issues and trends in the preservation of costume and textile collections.
- Explore the variety of issues related to exhibiting and storing costume and textile collections.
- Be familiar with simple conservation procedures that are safe to perform on their costume and textile collections.
- Be aware of when they should call a professional conservator for problems with their costume and textile collections.
FORMAT: On-site group workshop
LENGTH: Two days
DATE: April 1-2, 2019
LOCATION: Connecticut Historical Society, Hartford, CT
MATERIALS: Workshop materials will be provided upon registration and in-person at the event.