The 154th Anniversary of Battle of Resaca Civil War Reenactment
Welcome to the Battle of Resaca Civil War Reenactment! Whether you are a spectator or reenactor, a seasoned veteran of this reenactment, or just attending for the first time, we look forward to seeing you at our event! We have many exciting activities for this year's reenactment. Check out our event schedule for all of the activities that will be going on during the reenactment weekend.
While in the area, be sure to visit the new Resaca Battlefield Historic Site that is open now on weeekends. This important battlefield is located just off of I-75 at Exit 320 just miles from the reenactment site. The new battlefield park features hiking trails and interpretive markers. A new visitor center will also be opening soon.
Also while in the area, be sure to visit the Fort Wayne Civil War Historic Site just yards from downtown Resaca. This historic fort was part of the defensive earthworks guarding the river and town of Resaca during the 1864 battle. After the battle, it was occupied by Federal troops.
- Exciting battles both Saturday and Sunday at 2:00 p.m.
- Memorial service at the C.S.A. cemetery
- Camp tours and talks with the soldiers
- Continuous living history activities
- Cavalry competition
- Period medical demonstrations
- Ladies Tea with Guest Speaker
- Period church service
- Period dance on Saturday night
- Reenactor used clothing "yard sale"
- Shopping at sutler row for period wares
- Food and beverage vendors