Public Archaeology Day
Come learn about the exciting field of archaeology and the diversity of California’s cultures and their past. There will be fun hands-on activities, displays on sites around California, volunteer information, demonstrations and more! Archaeology fans of all ages welcome to this free event!
- National Park Service: Juana’s Kitchen – Ranger Fatima impersonates historical figure Juana Briones and teaches how to grind corn and make tortillas.
- Society of Primitive Technology – Ken Peek will demonstrate flintknapping
- California Archaeological Site Stewardship Program (CASSP) – will promote site stewardship and recruit potential volunteers
- UC Berkeley Archaeological Research Facility – hands-on activities for kids
- Napa Valley Museum – historical trunk programs
- Robin Fies – exhibit on master’s thesis
- Calicanto Associates – California history through song
- California Fandago Project – Spanish colonial/Gold rush era dances
- And much more!
Questions? Email Jules Evans-White at email@example.com