Preserving Family Treasures Road Show
Do you have items you want to preserve? Would you like to learn more about your items? If so, make plans to attend the Family Treasures Road Show on Sunday afternoon, April 28 at the Oklahoma History Center.
From 1 pm to 3 pm, collections care professionals from around the nation will be on hand to advise you on the best way to preserve treasured items.
From 3 pm to 5 pm, the collections care professionals will participate in an "Ask the Experts" Public Forum where they will evaluate and discuss the care of a few items brought in by participants. Ample time is allowed for audience members to ask questions.
Participants may bring one item from home and Road Show professionals will provide guidance on how to properly care for the item. Participants not bringing an item may wish to arrive later.
Eight categories of items will be evaluated:
• Paper (letters, comic books, certificates, maps, and other paper-based items)
• Photographs (all types, as well as scrapbooks and albums)
• Recordings (home movies, cassette tapes, VHS, and others)
• Art Work (all types)
• Ceramics and Glass (all types)
• Metals (silver, copper, brass, etc.)
• Textiles (quilts, flags, clothing)
• Organics (leather, baskets, feathers, etc.)
Appraisal services will not be provided. Furniture, taxidermy, or weapons of any kind (swords, guns, knives, ec.) are not allowed.