Museum Institute at Sagamore - An Insider's Guide to Advocacy
|August 15, 2014 - 5:00 pm||Application Deadline|
Museum Institute at Sagamore
An Insider's Guide to Advocacy
September 21st-24th, 2014
The Museum Institute at Sagamore is a reflective, intensive, three day retreat at Great Camp Sagamore in the Adirondacks that gives New York State museum staff, trustees & volunteers the opportunity to learn, reflect, and work with their colleagues from across the state.
This year's theme is An Insider's Guide to Advocacy. Participants at this year's Institute will learn from professionals on both sides of the lines for advocacy. Included in this year's sessions will be the following valuable takeaways:
- A template for an advocacy action plan for your institution on local, regional, state and national levels
- How to turn an idea into a bill and a bill into a law
- An inside understanding of the CFA and the REDC process
- Be able to capture the value brought by your institution to your community
- How to be a good neighbor and let people know that you are
- The importance of maintaining and supporting professional networks
The 2014 Institute is September 21st-24th. There are a limited number of slots available for this year's Institute. Be sure to get your application in today! Acceptance to the Institute is by application only and will be accepted on a rolling basis until August 15, 2014.
Travel grants Due to the high demand for Go! Grants this year we encourage you to submit your grant application with your Institute application.
Go! Grants – we encourage applicants to apply early.
About the Institute
The Museum Institute at Sagamore provides museum staff & trustees opportunities in a historic, reflective setting to:
- Grow individually and professionally
- Think creatively about the impact and potential of museums
- Build diverse networks
- Acquire the skills needed to advance the work of their organizations
Begun in 1997, the Institute is held at Great Camp Sagamore in the Adirondacks, a National Historic Landmark that provides a unique setting for learning and reflection.