Interpretive Planning for Historic Homes and Gardens
Who is this course for?
- Individuals, agencies or organizations that may currently be involved with an interpretive master planning project for their historic home/garden.
- Individuals, agencies or organizations that are planning on developing an interpretive master plan in the future for their site or organization.
- Individuals offering interpretive planning contract services who do not possess a college level degree in interpretive services or who have not had any formal training in interpretive master planning.
- Any individual interested in advancing their knowledge and skill level in heritage interpretation planning with a focus on Historic Homes and Gardens.
This course will:
- Guide you in developing your interpretive plan yourself or with other team members.
- Give you expertise in being an interpretive planning project manager.
- Give you direction in writing a Request for Proposal for hiring a consultant to do an interpretive master plan for you if you don't want to do the interpretive plan yourself.
- Give you specific details of what should be in an Interpretive Master Plan for a Historic Home and Garden.
- Give you skills in reviewing draft interpretive master plans prepared by others.
Instructor: John Veverka
Course Start Date: May 7, 2018
Duration: 4 weeks