Fourth of July, Independence Day Celebration – 2017
Join us for our annual Independence Day Celebration!
We’ll have fun and educational activities for the entire family. Experience Living History on the Museum’s exhibits with special July 4th activities on our 1820’s American Farm.
DATE: Tuesday, July 4th
TIME: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Area food vendors will be on hand to provide breakfast & lunch.
- Rick’s BBQ
- Frontier Grille
- The Breakfast Guy
- Smiley’s Ice Cream
- MJ’s Kettle Corn & Fresh Lemonade
1820s American Farm
- 12:00 – Reading Of The Declaration Of Independence
- 12:15 – Toasts & Volley.
1850s American Farm & Barn
- All Day – Historic Games
- Cooking Ham & Fried Potatoes
- 12:30 & 2:00 – Melon seed spitting (Barn)
- 1:30 & 3:00 – Sack Races (Around house)
- 1:00, 2:00, & 3:00 – Two-Man Sawing (Barn)
- 1:00 & 2:30 – Pie Eating Contest (Around barn)
1740s American Farm
- All Day – Woodworking
- 10:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30 – Militia Drill & Firing
- All Day – Hidework & Trade
West African Farm
- All Day – Traditional Drums & Dance
- All Day – Games & Woodworking
- All Day – Ironwork Demonstrations
- All Day – Textile work (outdoors)
- All Day – Kegelspiel