Digital Project Planning and Collection Management Forum
Massachusetts State Historical Records Advisory Board (MA SHRAB) sponsors 3rd Annual Forum
Gardner (MA), June 19, 2014: The MA SHRAB will host its third annual Forum. This year’s Forum will focus on ways to let people know about your collections through description and digitization projects. The event will be held at the Mt. Wachusetts Community College in Gardner, MA.
• 8:30-9:00 Registration
• 9:00-9:15 Welcome and Introduction to the SHRAB
• 9:15-10:15 Maximum vs. Minimum Processing with Rob Cox
• 10:15-11:15 Introduction to ArchivesSpace collection management system with Rachel Onuf
• 11:15-11:30 Break
• 11:30-12:30 Digitizing Cultural Heritage with Digital Commonwealth and the BPL \
with Tom Blake
• 12:30-1:30 Lunch
• 1:30-2:30 Digitization Projects Panel Discussion
• 2:30-2:45 Announcements and Networking
• 2:45-3:45 SHRAB Roving Archivist program results and opportunities with Rachel
Onuf and representatives of Instititions that have received Roving Archivist services
Registration is now open although it is limited to 150 attendees. Priority is given to Massachusetts residents and those representing Massachusetts cultural and historical institutions.
A small donation of $10 at the door is requested to help defray the cost of refreshments and lunch.
Additional funding for this event is generously provided by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Registration Link: https://ma-shrab-forum-2014.eventbrite.com
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Veronica Martzahl at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Friends page on Facebook at http://on.fb.me/1jhwP5J
The mission of the MA SHRAB is to provide leadership, advocacy and guidance to help ensure the identification, preservation, and use of the state’s historical resources (public and private). The MA SHRAB encourages and supports communication and coordination among the historical records communities and the public. It is the state-level review body for grants submitted to the NHPRC.