Annual League of Local Historical Societies & Museums Meeting
Register by Wednesday!
59th Annual League of Local Historical Societies & Museums Meeting
Friday, November 2nd
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
North Universalist Chapel
7 Church Street
If you are a member of a local historical society or museum, or just love history, this is a must attend event!
At the meeting, you'll hear dynamic speakers, participate in how-to workshops and tours and learn new ways to preserve the past and bring history alive!
The annual meeting/conference is also an excellent opportunity to network with others and be inspired by the many projects and happenings within Vermont's local history community.
This year's meeting features a keynote presentation by Rolf Diamant, former Superintendent of the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park in Woodstock. Rolf will speak about "Four Months That Changed American: When a War for the Union Became a War for a More Perfect Union."
You'll also have the opportunity to tour Civil War related sites in Woodstock, the Dana House Museum, and the Billings Farm, and your workshops choices will offer techniques such as:
- Digitizing Collections for Small Institutions
- Compiling a Family History Using Photographs and Other Memorabilia
- Digital vs. Darkroom: Dealing with Glass Plate Negatives
- What Lies Beneath: Chimney Point State Historic Site and the Lake Champlain Bridge Project
- Story Circles and Tropical Storm Irene
- Civil War History with Students
- and more
We hope to see you at the conference!
It's an inspiring day filled with practical information and techniques.