Annual Candlelight Stroll
33rd Candlelight Stroll
Saturday and Sunday, December 1-2, 8-9, 15-16
Saturdays from 5:00pm-9:00pm & Sundays from 4:00pm-8:00pm
Stroll through life in a simpler time as 350 years of American history, winter traditions, and holiday celebrations unfolds around you in New Hampshire's oldest waterfront neighborhood.
- Historic houses from four centuries decorated in period regalia
- Hundreds of candles lighting the lanes and landscape
- Gingerbread house contest and display.
- Live music and holiday entertainment for all ages
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Holiday decoration demonstrations
- Traditional barrel making demonstrations
- 18th century holiday hearth cooking
- Tinsmith demonstrations
- ...and so much more!
Bring the whole family for a wholesome stroll through the sights, sounds, and smells of New England's favorite holiday season. Tickets are $20 for adults. Kids 5-17: $10. Kids 4 & under: Free. Family rate (2 adults and your children ages 17 and under): $50. Corporate and group rates available.
Candlelight Stroll is a signature event of Portsmouth's Vintage Christmas - the month of December filled with Strolls, Shows, and Stayovers. Travel + Leisure says Portsmouth has good reason to claim the title of "Christmas Capital of North America" and the Boston Globe says Vintage Christmas in Portsmouth is "One of the top ten holiday things not to miss in New England.