A Century of Beautiful Brides Exhibit
Dates: May 5 and June 2
Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
John C. Flanagan House Museum
942 NE Glen Oak Avenue, Peoria, IL
The exhibit features exquisite bridal fashions, finery, and portraitures, spanning 1870 - 1970 from private and Society collections. A complementary wedding reception punch and sweets provided. And there is something for the guys: volunteers have revamped and expanded the antique tool room.
The John C. Flanagan House Museum was built in 1837 on Peoria's east bluff by Judge John C. Flanagan and is the oldest standing house in Peoria. This American Federalist style house offers a spectacular view of the Illinois River Valley. Collections of antique glass, china, furniture, toys, quilts and vintage clothing are displayed. The house is on the National Register of Historic
Cost: $7 for adults and $3 for children or tour both of the Society’s historic homes in one day: $10 adults. This exhibit is part of the Society’s First Sunday Open House Tours. Flanagan House is always open by chance or appointment. Bus and private tours are available on other days. Call 309-674-1921 or visit the Society's website at Peoria Historical Society.
Click the link for: A Century of Beautiful Brides On-line Exhibit
Spend a day in Peoria and visit the other Peoria Historical Society's House Museum
Pettengill-Morron House Exhibit - Miss Morron's World Travels