2014 NJ History & Historic Preservation Conference
|June 5, 2014 - 8:00 am||Deadline for early registration discount|
The 2014 New Jersey History and Historic Preservation Conference is co-hosted by the NJ Historic Trust, NJ Historic Commission, NJ Historic Preservation Office, and the Common Wealth of New Jersey.
Highlights for this year’s program include:
- Opening Keynote Speaker Ned Kaufman, author of Place Race and Story; Essays on the Past and Future of Historic Preservation
- Closing Plenary Speaker John Durel, consultant to museum and cultural organizations and author of Building a Sustainable Nonprofit Organization
- Two special educational tracks for “Heritage Tourism” and “Disaster Recovery”
- Choice of three field workshops: Sandy recovery efforts, the architecture and reuse options for Bell Labs, or the history and innovation of Camp Evans military site
- 17 classroom sessions for nonprofit and museum managers, planners, historians, municipal and county officials, archaeologists, architects, historic preservation commissioners and preservation professionals
The conference is approved for AIA continuing education credits for select sessions. AICP and ASLA credits are pending.
Registration is $90 prior to the conference, $100 at the door. Students are $50 at all times. Go to http://njpreservationconference.org/register.html to register.
Please visit http://www.njpreservationconference.org for complete details.